Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Ruby Falls / Rock City, Part 1

Early in November of 2017 we made a trip to Chattanooga, Tennessee, to visit Ruby Falls and Rock City.

We went to Ruby Falls first.


Kuya in the cavern

Does the cavern make us crazy?

I think Grump is loosing conrol!

Ruby Falls



A view from Lookout Mountain



The next day we went to Rock City.

Ruby Falls is very nice, and worth the trip, but Rock City absolutely thrilled us!  Maybe it's because I'm originally from western Pennsylvania, and the scenery reminded me of what I grew up with, but whatever it was Rock City just took my breath away!





Some of the passageways were tight!

Squeeze!!












More squeezing!






One of the resident gnomes, checking on the visitors














Another gnome, watching us to make sure we stay on the path!







This is even more spectacular in person.

It's hard not to take too many pictures of Rock City!

No comments:

Post a Comment